What is OMNITROPE Original Sandoz 45 IU and What is it used for?
OMNITROPE® is a human growth hormone containing an active substance called somatropin, which is obtained by the bacterial microorganism E.coli using the method called recombinant DNA technology. Its structure is the same as natural human growth hormone, which is essential for the growth of bones and muscles. It also helps fat and muscle tissues grow in the right amounts. Being recombinant means that it is not derived from human or animal tissues.OMNITROPE® 15 mg (45 IU) / 1.5 mL solution for injection is a clear and colorless solution. Available in packs of 1, 5 or 10 cartridges.
OMNITROPE® is used in the following situations:
- In infants, children and adolescents;
- In case of growth disorder caused by growth hormone deficiency.
- If you have Turner syndrome. Turner syndrome is an inherited disorder in girls that can affect growth. In case of this illness, the relevant doctor will inform.
- If you have chronic kidney failure. If the kidneys cannot function properly, this may affect growth.
Very low birth weight or very small births. Growth hormone will provide more height growth if normal growth cannot be achieved until the age of 4 or later.
- If you have Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS; some type of chromosomal disease). If the growth still continues, OMNITROPE® can help the treatment and also regulates the body composition (distribution of substances in the body).
- Excess fat in the body will be lost and reduced muscle mass will develop.
- In adults;
- It is used in the treatment of significant growth hormone deficiency that begins in childhood or adolescence.This treatment is administered to adults diagnosed with medically significant growth hormone deficiency through a test.
- If you have received OMNITROPE® treatment in your childhood due to growth hormone deficiency, your growth hormone level will be re-examined after your growth has stopped. If you are found to have severe growth hormone deficiency, your doctor will recommend that your OMNITROPE® treatment be continued.
- All other patients are required to have IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factors) determination and a growth hormone stimulation test.
Diagnosis and treatment with OMNITROPE® should be initiated and followed by a physician experienced in the diagnosis and management of patients with growth disorders.
|Active ingredient, IU||45|
|Active ingredient, mg||15|
|1 bottle, ml||1,5|
|Ampoules per package, pcs||1|
There are no reviews for this product.